(soop-tah bahd-ha cone-AHS-ana)
Also known as:
- Reclining Butterfly Pose
- Reclined/reclining Cobbler's Pose
- Supine Butterfly Hip Stretch
Benefits: When you're looking for a pose with relaxing and restorative powers in combination with a great hip opener and inner leg stretch, this is the one!
How it's done:
- Begin this pose lying on your back with your knees bent, heels close to your sits bones, and feet together.
- On inhale, as you let your knees slowly fold outwards, keep the soles of your feet together. You may use blocks under your knees as support.
- Place hands where most comfortable and relaxed.
Niharika of @niharikayoga demonstrates this position for you here: