Also known as:
- Eastern Intense Stretch Pose Prep
- Reverse Plank Prep
- Back Arch
Benefits: This is an intense neck and back stretch which works well to release your shoulders as well.
How it's done:
- Start in a seated position with your legs out straight
- Place your hands under your hips or at your low back
- Lie back so that your elbows are on the ground
- Open your chest, and try to bring the crown of your head down to the ground, while keeping your back off the ground. You may use a block under your head if needed.
- You should feel a nice stretch in your neck and back.
The images depict the basic Fish pose and a couple of advanced variations.
The angel at LearnFreeYoga guides you through this arched back pose