Savasana (Corpse Pose)
Also known as:
- Dead pose
- Death pose
Benefits: This is the great calming pose. The pose that everyone looks forward to at the end of yoga class. It calms and quiets the mind, relieves stress, and relaxes you.
How it's done:
- You may want to put on socks, or a sweater to stay warm
- Lie flat on your back
- Hands at your sides, palms up facing the sky, in a comfortable position
- Your shoulders are pulled back and under
- Legs are straight, open, and relaxed
- Close your eyes
- The focus is on your breathing and relaxing all the muscles of your body.
- You may rest your head on a blanket, and/or cover your eyes with a lavender infused mask if you wish
The little yogini at LearnFreeYoga has the most calming voice to help you relax into this pose. You can almost smell the lavender as she speaks.