Salamba Sarvangasana (Supported Shoulder Stand Pose)
Also known as:
- Supported Whole Body Pose
Benefits: When you need your brain to find peace, this is another pose to take away mind-fog, relieves stress, and boost your energy. It provides stretch to the neck and shoulders. Your back, abdomen, and legs are toned.
How it's done:
- Begin in Halasana (Plow Pose)
- Raise both legs overhead - heels above hips, hips above shoulders.
- Use your hands to support your lower back on each side of your spine.
- Pull your chin away from your chest to reduce pressure on the cervical area of your neck.
Jennifer Martin presents a lovely demonstration of this pose along with a couple advanced variations.