(EY-kuh Pah-duh kown-din-YAHS-ah-nuh)
Also known as:
- Split-Leg Arm Balance Pose
- Pose II Dedicated to Sage Koundinya
- One-legged Sage Koundinya's pose
- Flying Man
This pose helps to strengthen your wrists, arms, and core.
How it's done:
- Begin in Downward Facing Dog, lift left leg high
- Bend leg, bring knee to left tricep
- Bend elbows into Chatarunga position - rest knee on elbow
- Extend left leg straight.
- Raise other leg off mat, or balance on toes
Use this lovely video by Ventuno Yoga as a demonstration, and for helpful tips while performing this pose.