Also known as:
- Deer Pose
- Half Fish Twist
Benefits: This pose massages the internal organs to aid in detoxification. It helps with spinal rotation and flexibility. It stretches the muscles in your hips, your shoulders, and neck.
How it's done:
- Sitting on the floor in Staff pose, inhale and lengthen your spine, neck, and head toward the ceiling.
- Bend your right knee
- Exhale and twist to the right.
- Bring your left elbow to the outside of your right knee, fingertips to the sky.
- Place your right hand on the floor near your hip.
- Starting in your hips, twist your body to the right.
- Look over your right shoulder.
- Extend through the crown of your head as you inhale, twist deeper as you exhale.
- Hold here for five to ten breaths. Inhale, return to center and repeat on the other side.
The lovely yogini at LearnFreeYoga shares this pose with you and provides modifications to help you be successful in this pose.