Benefits: This great "core" pose improves your balance and coordination while strengthening your ankles, thighs, glutes, and spine.
How it's done:
- Stand straight
- As you lean forward, lift one leg off the floor
- Place the opposite hand, or fingertips on the floor or a block
- Raise the other hand to the sky, with the palm facing forward, squeeze your shoulder blades together
- Rotate your top hip up and to the back so that your hips are stacked
- Your gaze should be upward
There are many ways to go into this pose. Ali Kamenova Interval Yoga demonstrates this pose on a windy beach.