Benefits: The is a wonderful stretching pose - as your throat, chest, abdomen, groin, hips, thighs, and calves are stretched, your back is strengthened.
How it's done:
- Start in a kneeling position with a pad, towel, or blanket under your knees if they are sensitive.
- Place your hands on your back, on either side of your spine.
- Bend back- stretching your chest, abdomen, and thighs as if they were pressing against an invisible wall in front of you.
- You may either tuck your toes or lay the tops of your feet flat against the floor
- Reach down with both hands to your feet, keeping your elbows tucked in.
- Reach high with your chest, let your head find a nice neutral position.
- Follow this pose with Baby Pose to soothe your back.
Learn Free Yoga demonstrates this pose in an easy to understand, and soothing manner.