This pose helps to strengthen your wrists, arms, and core.
How it's done:
- Blocks may be helpful to those learning this pose as it will extend your arm length.
- Start in Lotus pose.
- Place hands on the floor beside hips, fingers facing forward.
- As you exhale, push hands into the floor, and lift hips and legs off of the floor.
- You may find using blocks under your hands beneficial to help "lift" you off the floor.
- Change the cross of your legs and repeat.
The beautiful folks at Ventuno Yoga have a very simple video to show you how to do this pose.