Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Pose)
- Bridge Whole Body Pose
- Hands Bound Bridge Whole Body Pose
- Kandharasana (Shoulder Pose)
- Beginner - Intermediate
Benefits: This is a very nice stretch for the chest, neck, and spine. It also stretches the thighs. It works the glutes and shoulders.
How it's done:
- Start in a seated position with your back straight, and your knees bent with feet hip-width apart.
- Slowly lean back until your back is on the floor. Your hands are placed palm down at your sides.
- Move your feet closer to your hips so you can almost reach them with your fingertips (about an inch away)
- Lift your hip high.
- Move your hands under your body, clasp hands together.
- Lift your chin so it is parallel to the ground
- Lift your chest
Let's take a look as Carla Christine from Yoga Green Book beautifully demonstrates the Bridge Pose.