- Deep Forward Fold
- Western Intense Stretch Pose
- Sitting/Seated Forward Bend
Benefits: For a relaxing and calming pose, the forward fold is one of the best. While the pose will stretch your hamstrings, glutes, spine, and shoulders. Yogis use this pose to help with menopausal cramping, headaches, and to refresh.
- Begin in a seated position
- lengthen your legs in front of you
- sit tall and straight
- On inhale bring your hands over your head
- Fold down from the hips, over your legs.
- Maintain a straight back
- Relax where you are able - whether over your hips, knees or folded all the way over
The talented Rosalie, from Rosalie Yoga, demonstrates this pose for you. She includes common trouble areas, and where props are useful.