Also known as:
- Twisted Crescent Lunge
- Crescent Lunge with a Twist
- Twisting Crescent Lunge
- Revolved High Lunge
- High Lunge with a Twist
- Twisting High Lunge
- Twisting Lunge
- Twisted Lunge
Benefits: In addition to approving your core strength and balance, this posture stretches your obliques (side muscles), and strengthens your thighs.
How it's done:
- Beginning in Downward Facing Dog, lift your left leg to the sky, and then bring it forward between your shoulders.
- Drop your right knee (this is the modified version) for high lunge version, keep your right knee off the ground.
- On inhale, twist your torso so that your left elbow is hooked over your left knee.
- Bring your palms together, elbows and shoulders in line with each other
- Lengthen your torso, keep it straight, avoid folding on one side or another
- As a checkpoint, ensure that your palms are at the center of your chest. If they've moved to the side, you're not twisted with a long line.
Helen with Floating Yoga School and Kelly walk you through this great twisting pose.