Benefits: This is a great pose to focus on upright posture. It strengthens your back muscles and stabilizes the core. It's a foundational yoga pose, one we often return to during our flows.
How it's done:
- Sit with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Place your feet as together as possible, big toe mounds touching.
- Back straight
- Head upright as if a rod were running from the crown of your head all the way down your spine
- Chin should be parallel to the floor
- Hands placed on the ground at your hips. Fingers can be pointed forward or behind you.
The beauties at NamasteTV created an excellent video with a tip for those with tight hamstrings.