Posted on July 29 2019
Pronunciation: (sook-hah mat-see-AHS-ana)
Benefits: This is an intense neck and back stretch which works well to release your shoulders as well.
How it's done:
- Start in a seated position with your legs out straight
- Place your hands under your hips or at your low back
- Lie back so that your elbows are on the ground
- Open your chest, and try to bring the crown of your head down to the ground, while keeping your back off the ground. You may use a block under your head if needed.
- You should feel a nice stretch in your neck and back.