- Begin in Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svasana)
- Bring your weight forwards as you pick up your left leg. You might find it useful to move your right hand forwards of the left hand as well
- Take your weight onto your right hand as you bring your left leg up & over
- Place the ball of your left foot on the mat behind your right leg - Keep the leg bent so the left foot is closer to your torso
- Rotate around your right shoulder joint so you can start to bring the front of your body around to face upwards
- Ground down firmly into both feet, & your right hand. Let the head & your left arm hang back gently, as you press your hips up towards the ceiling. Aim to have the chest facing towards the sky, & think about expanding and opening the whole of the front of your body to create the backbend. Fully appreciate the beauty you've created in the Wild Thing Pose (Chamatkarasana).
Follow Laura Large on Instagram: @omniyogagirl