Posted on July 21 2019
Benefits: This is a fun pose to do to stretch your legs and hamstrings. It opens your hips and stretches your sides.
How it's done:
- Lay on your side with your legs stacked
- Bend the lower elbow and place your head in the palm of your hand
- Bend the knee on top and grab the big toe (if able), or use a strap
- From the hip, rotate your bent leg open
- Push up through your heel to help straighten your leg
- The leg on the floor should be straight and pushing energy through it as well
- Stretch the lifted leg, keep your chest open
- To release, bend the knee before lowering it.
- Lower your arm and head