(puh-ree-VREET-tuh JAH-nu SHAS-ah-nah)
- Parivrtta Janu Shirshasana Pose
- Seated sideways Bend Pose
Benefits: Great side stretch! The pose also lengthens your hamstrings and opens your hips and shoulders
How it's done:
- Begin in a sitting position with legs extended
- Bend your left knee and place your left foot as close to your groin as possible
- Raise arms overhead
- Exhale and lower your side over your left thigh, bring your left elbow to the inside of the left knee
- Bring your right arm up and over your head, grasping your foot and right hand
- With each breath open your chest more and more.
- Eyes closed with chin pointed to the ceiling
For this demonstration, Yogic Fitness with The Art of Living takes us through this pose.