Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
Also known as:
- Awkward Chair Pose
- Fierce Pose
Benefits: This is a great pose for strengthening your legs, calves, while stretching your shoulders and opening your chest. It is a great balancing pose.
How it's done:
- Begin in a standing pose with together
- Bend knees, and focus your body weight on your heels so you can still wiggle your toes
- Knees should not extend past your toes
- Extend your arms overhead with biceps by your ears
- Lift chest, don't round your back or fold down
- Tuck your tailbone down, don't stick it out.
- Gaze should be forward, or at thumbs
Karen with HFE Health and Fitness Education) demonstrates this pose with modifications.