Supta Virasana (Reclined Hero Pose)
Also known as:
- Extended Supine Hero Pose
- Reclined Saddle Pose
- Bed Pose B (Paryankasana B)
- Reclined Thunderbolt Pose
Benefits: This delightful pose will make you feel long and strong as it stretches your knees, thighs, spine, shoulders, and arms.
How it's done:
- Begin from a sitting position with legs extended.
- Bend legs back until you are in Hero Pose
- As your ability allows, slowly recline onto your palms, and then elbows, and then shoulders
- If you are able to go all the way down, clasp your hands or arms
Watch as Yoga & You moves you into this pose